Family Updates

Mom, you may not hear from me as much anymore…

When I get a new recipe, usually from my mom or a friend, I scribble it on the nearest piece of paper and that paper goes into "the pile." The pile is a big mess of unorganized but treasured instructions on how to make all of my favorite things. Often, in a hurry, and frustrated that I cannot locate one, I call my mom and ask for the recipe again, maybe for the fifth time. So I am sure that she will appreciate this idea. I went online and scoured Google images until I found a picture that highly resembled each of the dishes. I used the picture for the background, fading it a bit, and printed recipe cards out that are cute, functional, and easy to organize. A little Mod Podge adds a splash proof outer coating. Best of all, pictures make everything better when cooking! On the front, I have the recipe name and ingredients, and all instructions on the back. I love them! For dinner tonight, crack sandwiches, with a special thanks to The Nalley Family for getting us addicted to those delicious little treats!