Family Updates

Speech Therapy Update

I keep forgetting to update you guys on how Ryan's speech therapy went. Well Friday morning I took him to school and then went to our final meeting.

There were four of us in the meeting. Me, the speech therapist, the assistant principal, and a kindergarten teacher. We went through all the testing that was done on him and then outcome of the test.

What we all agreed on was that he needed to go into a language lab twice a week for hour hours each. In this class he will be learning how to better communicate with people. They will teach him how to form sentences and say what he is feeling and thinking. He will also be taught how to understand what someone is saying to him. Like "put the ball UNDER the table." and then "put the ball on TOP of the table."

He starts January 6th (after the holiday break) and I am so excited. Even with the last couple weeks I have seen improvement in how he communicates with us so I am hoping that this class just sky rockets his speech.

I can't wait for the day when I ask "How was school" and he actually tells me what he did in school that day. But my main concern is just knowing what he is thinking, feeling, or on his mind. I don't want him to need to tell me something but can't because he doesn't know how.

And what will I be doing while he is speech therapy for two hours? The house is too far away to just drop him off and go back. So I am thinking of Starbucks. I mean is there really even a choice?