Family Updates

Virtual Coffee XIV

It's Tuesday...

Photobucket

If we were really meeting for coffee today... .

I'd let you do most of the talking. Today is one of those days where I just want to listen. And what I want to listen to most of all is good adult conversation {meaning... no screaming, whining children... .} Paige is getting another molar, and she's keeping us busy at night... I kind of miss having quiet time with my husband at night... just to sit by the tv and be next to each other, you know?

If we sitting together today would pipe up and tell you that I had the most wonderful visit with my mother last week. We were all so sad to see her go. It might have been one of our best visits... since my parents moved {just over five years ago... } we've struggled to find a rhythm to our visits that suits everyone, and have been trying to maintain our close parent daughter relationship with the distance factor added in {before their move, I had never lived more than an hour away from my parents... } It's been tough, but we're figuring it out, and there's hope for long distance relationships ;)

You'd ask how everything else is going and I'd laugh and say everything seems to be going well... for having a few balls up in the air at the time! We're all so very much looking forward to Christmas, and celebrating a bit of the holidays each day is making this month so enjoyable with the kids. They're soaking up every story, every tradition, every Christmas tree we pass on errands or visits.

If we were sitting together, sipping hot drinks, I'd be happy listening to your stories and dreams and hopes and fears... and I'd dare you to share more than you normally do. Because really and truly, I want to know them all. Not to judge, but to understand and help where I can and be a sounding board.

That's what friends are for ;)

Until next time...

Dec 14, 2010 004