Family Updates

Man-Craft Mondays

My husband has been so helpful with all of my projects, so I thought the least I can do is dedicate one day a week to re-vamp something useful to him. Today I did something very practical and not over the top, which totally describes him. Whenever I need a nail or something simple, I can never find it, and it seems like he can't either, although he may argue this point. We have some shelves in the garage that scream "organize me" but random boxes of bolts, nails, and screws are unmanageable. I bought a handful of Ball jars from a local craft store and took the lids off. I only need the part of the lid that the jar screws into, so the flat part is set aside. Under the bottom shelf in the garage, I used Liquid Nails to secure the rims.

Let this glue dry completely, trust me, because other wise the outcome is not fun! I took the jars and filled then with things that are small and hard to keep organized, and as long as the jars are screwed into place, they will always be found in the same spot! I chose nails to test with, since they are fairly heavy.

The end outcome is that you use unused space to help organize, and if you ever need to grab a nail or a bolt, you know just where to find it, and so does he! Here is a peek at the far-away view!

Once he is used to the new placement of his man stuff, I will make them cute, maybe add ribbon and labels. But for now, it is a simple way to say thank you!

Jars: $1.00 each

Total Cost: $4.00
I have nothing to compare this to but mu husband loves it so that makes it PRICELESS!