Family Updates

Blue skies

Today, there are no fevers. Just blue skies and fresh snow, calling for slippery snowpants and footprints.

Jan 20, 2010 014

Devilish smiles when glancing down a slide that's filled with snow...

Jan 20, 2010 020

And proud exclamations
Look Mommy! A biiig snowball!!

Jan 20, 2010 024

LOOK Mommy!!

Jan 20, 2010 025

And these cheeks. And little red nose. And the watery eyes that leave single tears... Oh. My. Goodness.

Jan 20, 2010 030

We all desperately needed that hour of fresh air this morning. In the worst way.

Especially me. Because in about twenty minutes, my 6 week writing class starts, and I'm a bundle of nerves and nervous energy. It's online, and sounds similar to classes I've taken previously, but it's six weeks, twelve assignments, of writing. Creative writing. And it's something just for me. Which I really truly need right now. So I'm excited, but very nervous. Anxious. Ready for it to start, and to see what's in store for me and diving into the craft.

So this morning, I needed that breath of fresh air to push the nerves aside, to know I'll be just fine - even if we lost one of Paige's boots on our way outside and didn't realize until after she soaked through her sock... had to come back in and relive the whole stuffing everyone into snowsuits and boots a second time...

Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see

~Irving Berlin, Blue Skies