Family Updates

Peace-Love-Ever

The kids and I are driving around in my father in laws car for the next few days. White and boat like, the Buick is treating us well. When we step out our clothes smell a bit like pipe tobacco. It reminds me of neighbors back when I was Paige's height. Harold smoked a pipe, and I can still remember their living room. It might be one of my earliest memories.

shot_1322506015845

With temperatures in the 60's {last week the lows were in the 20's... } the beach called our names this afternoon. We went. Picked up pieces of driftwood for a Christmas decoration that is in the making. We pulled into the beach parkinglot as Brenda Lee rocked around the Christmas tree on the radio. 'Tis the season!

shot_1322507296730

Fynn's teaching Paige how to write her letters. Paige writes cards everywhere she goes. I've made the executive decision to forgo Christmas cards this year in order to keep my sanity. It might be the first year that I haven't sent a card out in 14 years. Seriously. Next year I'll put the kids to work, we'll make our cards by hand, they'll sign their names. This year though, I want to keep it simple.

shot_1322507466326

I got brave last night and cut my own bangs. I've never really had them before. At least I've never had bangs that worked. I like them. They frame my face a little and it kept me from chopping all of my hair off. Sometimes a girl needs a change.

shot_1322501712299

{eventually I'll use photos from my big camera... but I'm having trouble uploading them due to my slow'ish internet connection... until them... retro camera on the droid it is!!}