Family Updates

It's been a while

It's been a while since I've felt the longing and need to spill words from my day onto this blank space.

I miss this space right now.

But the time away made me realize that this space has worth in my family's life. My kids paged through printed copies of the blog from when they were babies... seeing the pictures all in one place {my photo printing is hardly up to date... } and they giggled as I remembered treasures of bits from years gone by that don't sit at the forefront of my memory.

And as much as I tell myself that I will write with pen and paper, I don't. Aside from my gratitude journal, and a few hand written notes, I did not write over the last month, or take photos. Because I would pick up my camera and it would not do what I wanted it to do.

I was out of practice. Use it or loose it. It really is true.

And so I'm picking this up again, at least this moment. I've tried a few times, and the tug is still here, I'm going to just ride the wave as it comes. Because this space holds importance. Where else can I share photos of prayer flags lit by freshly hung Christmas lights on our porch?

lights