Family Updates

An update from the porch...

I don't know where to start.

Nothing bad, I just don't know when to start when I take a few days from this space and then it's overwhelming and I feel like I need to fill this space in on what we've been up to... and it's a weird feeling. So I'm going to skip the weirdness and jump right in.

We're spending a lot of time on the porch these days. The warm wind hugs instead of stifles as it did last week... and the greenheads have landed at the coast, so we're trying to steer clear of them {and sadly, the beach} until they've simmered down a bit. So the porch is where we sit.

July 27, 2011 005

My kids are rocking summer colds.

Yesterday was my 18 months of sobriety date.

A year and a half. Holy cow. I'm just breathing in and out. Everything is good as long as I keep breathing.

July 27, 2011 010

Today we're preparing for guests... they arrive later this afternoon and I'm trying to keep the ever dripping snot off of toys and furniture so we don't pass along whatever the kids have to our guests... and I'm thankful for overnight guests for many reasons. The biggest one might be that it forced me to clean the house top to bottom yesterday ;)

We have red tomatoes!!!

July 27, 2011 001

I'm almost done a sweater for Lucas... so, so close. Knitting really does keep me sane... even in the summer. I'm so thankful for it.

And now the dripping snot is calling... and there's an airmattress in the attic to bring down... and a load of laundry to put away...

And a porch that beckons.