Family Updates

Popsicles, prayer flags, and stuffy noses...

Earlier this week I mentioned that Fynn had a cold...

Well. It ripped through all of us, and the houseguests we hosted... we sent them home with it too.

Which is unfortunate, but I hope it was worth it :) Maegan and her sweet girls were such incredible guests. I didn't take my camera out once during their visit, but Meg did, and I hope she shares a few images at some point! I've known Maegan for over a year, and our friendship has blossomed over that time period, and now I can't imagine going a day without talking with her. I wholeheartedly love her, and am so thankful for her. She's the person I think to call when I wake up from a dream about inventing a new way to purl super fast, or when the heat wave breaks and I can take a hot shower instead of a cold one... that's a real bosom friend {according to Ann of Green Gables... } And her girls... . oh my heavens they are sweet. The kids all got along so very well, and we can't wait for another visit.

Anyway.

So now we're all sick with this cold still. We tried the playground this morning, and it ended quite dramatically with whining and I was totally the mom who was yelling "We are here, and YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN!!" at her kids while they whined about who got to use the shovel in the sandbox... and now we're home and I'm thinking naptime is in order for all. But these pictures have to be shared! Paige was eating a popsicle a bit ago, and this is how she eats every. single. one. It's a mess, but it's a good heart warming mess of purple and sticky and childhood.

July 30. 2011 004
July 30. 2011 008
July 30. 2011 011
July 30. 2011 012

Also - a few of you asked about the garland on my porch...

July 30. 2011 014
July 30. 2011 015

It's a prayer flag, from Molt. There's a different prayer or blessing on each flag, and you hang them outside so when the wind catches each flag, it sends that blessing up to the heavens. When I saw this surf themed one, I couldn't resist. They say "May you paddle through the seas with power and ease", "May the life under the sea inspire you to preserve the ocean's beauty", "May you find swell and surf it well", "May the swell be consistant and not too distant", "May the lineup be few so you may break through", and "May every wave bring you bliss even those that you miss". I love them...

Hope you all have a beautiful weekend, even if sniffles and sneezes are abundant!