Family Updates

Snapshots of simplicity and togetherness

Earlier today I was looking through the pictures on my phone... snapshots of everyday goodies... moments captured...

Like this one. I'm not one for graffiti, but this one is okay in my book:

shot_1318687384222

And my brother {a self proclaimed tea snob... } , shortly after surgery on his arm, holding a mug that his lovely sister brought him :)

shot_1318687962422

And my bestie... sigh. I'm hoping to see her again very, very soon. Some relationships are just a gift. Plain and simple. And should be treated as such.

shot_1319899045292

Some pictures hold so much emotion - like Paige wearing a sweater made for Lucas by his great Aunt Nan. She was the matriarch of his family for so long, a beautiful, sweet soul who is shining down warmth and light in this photo:

shot_1320762730705 (1)

And some pictures... they speak so deeply to my soul. My daughter enjoying the quiet at our favorite place. Our favorite. I like that.

shot_1321284943494

{and just so he doesn't feel left out... } Fynn on his birthday. This might be the only picture I took of his day this year... he's not as willing as Paige is to have his photo taken these days.

shot_1321369616381

Of course, sometimes I take pictures of what we make... when we get all crafty in this house. This driftwood Christmas tree was inspired by one on Pinterest. So simple, so perfect.

shot_1322582512827

And some moments just beg to be recorded, to be made permanent. Paige fell asleep in the car this afternoon snuggling a bag of Trader Joe's cheese puffs...

shot_1322768372211

These pictures speak lengths about our days. Spent simply and together. I think those two things are what I'm growing to appreciate the most. Togetherness. Simplicity. Gearing up for winter and hibernation, it's honestly not making me that sad this year thinking about being stuck at home. Cheese puffs, my littles, a warm home, and good friends to chat with through the day {thank goodness for phones... } and a stockpile of tea... I think we're ready for the whatever the next few months will bring.