Family Updates

Their Hearts

This whole seeing your heart outside of your body thing... this mothering thing... is heart warming and wrenching.

I'm watching her and I'm watching him.

At the lake. At the playground. At the beach and grocery store.

They interact. With each other, with others, with ease. They stare. They gaze. They talk.

And sometimes harsh things come back at them. Harsh stares. Laughter. Words.

And all I can do is surround them with love. And hope that they grow in love and give grace where they can. When words cut, and opinions differ.

I hope and pray that they have each other to rely on. And good friends. Friends who know their heart.

I hope they learn by my example. That it's okay to wear your heart on your sleeve, and love others who live the same way.

My kids hearts, they're big and soft. And I pray to God they stay that way.

{my two... pale faced only because of the camera phone app... but really, they're tan beach babies these days!}

kids

{Paige and Ellie's son Finn... who has the biggest heart that I've ever seen in a five year old... and which I'm sure he gets from his mama!}

PaigeandFinn2
PaigeandFinn1