Family Updates

Fourth of July Picture Frame Makeover

Wow! It has been quite some time since I have done a project. Did you miss them? I hope so! Well, I saw a really cute idea on A Love 2 Create and did my own twist on it. This is an easy, low cost decoration that can add to the spirit of Independence Day around your home! I can see this popping up on other holidays this year!

You just need an old picture frame and some window clings! I painted an old frame white and roughed up the edges slightly with sandpaper to give it some character.

Now, if you don't know what window clings are, they are gummy-like pieces that stick to glass. Kids love them, and you can snag some for around a buck. I found red and blue stars on clearance. Perfect!

Since you are not using the back of the frame, you will want to glue the glass on so that it does not fall apart. You can then arrange the clings however you like on the back of the glass. They stick well but are easily removable, so play around with it until you are happy!

Once the glue is dry, you have a fun decoration for next to nothing!

Picture frame and acrylic paint: on hand
Window clings: $1.25

Total cost: $1.25