Family Updates

Spring time blessings

Today was a bed day.

Or rather, a try to stay in bed day {as much as the kids would let me... while jumping from bed to floor to bed to mom to pillows to nightstand to bed to floor... }

I still haven't showered.

I did brush my teeth {thankyouverymuch}

A combination of allergies and a springtime cold have left me out of energy and motivation.

So I'm going to count my blessings tonight. Because I need to smile and remember a sore throat and a case of the dizzies isn't the end of the world!

1. It's warm enough for flowers and trees to bloom. Yay!

may11

2. Potted plants, watered with love even when it's a rainy day.

may1101

3. Our porch veggie garden. Cucumbers, plum tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, basil... the potential for a yummy homegrown salad is enough to make me smile ear to ear.

may1102

4. Stumbling upon my old torn copy of Julie Andrews Edwards Mandy. My absolute favorite book from childhood... it's now on my list to reread... and dream of making over my own abandoned cottage with walls of seashells...

may1103

5. A package arriving on a rainy sick day from a dear, dear friend filled with goodies, including a new mug {which is currently filled with warm cocoa to soothe the throat and soul... }

may1104

And on that note... I'm left smiling. And ready to sip some cocoa and wrap myself up with a blanket...