Family Updates

Nervous

I love yarn.

LOVE yarn.

I love how the good stuff comes tied up with pretty strings and tags.

I love how it smells.

I love how it feels next to my cheek...

I just love yarn.

Anyway...

In the mail today was a package of beautiful yarn... and it came beautifully simply wrapped. It's organic linen. It's stunning.

And it's for my first big commissioned knit piece.

And I'm nervous.

I have my needles ready, my pattern marked up for the correct size, the yarn. But I feel like I'm staring at the first blank page of a brand new notebook. Or a blank canvas, with my paintbrush poised and ready to go.

I'm making it for one of my sweetest friends, and I know in my heart it will be absolutely perfect for her. The pattern screams her name! And I know I'm capable. But I'm still nervous.

In a happy, excited, this is what I want to do sort of way.

I kind of like that sort of nervous...

May 12, 2011 009