Family Updates

~Virtual Coffee~

It's Tuesday...
Head over to Amy's to join in the Virtual Coffee fun...

Photobucket

So... more importantly than the fact that it's Tuesday... it's... MARCH!!! February is OVER! And that alone makes me want to go out and celebrate, so coffee date it shall be :)

March 1, 2011 018

If we were having coffee today...

I'd tell you it's not so much that February was unkind to us, it's just that I {and everyone I know..} am looking so eagerly at spring this year. And March feels one step closer to leaving the big coats in the closet and being outside all. the. time. Soon!

March 1, 2011 009

And if we were chatting... it might come up in conversation that my sweet little brother repainted an old desk for me. For my Christmas gift. And we brought it home on Sunday... and I've been working on my nook ever since. I am in love with my space! It's a work in progress, but it's so nice to be able to have a spot to sit, and keep my knitting needles and books and inspirations...

March 1, 2011 020

On the topic of knitting needles... I'd give you a little update. A few Tuesdays ago I mentioned that the shop would be ready to open in a week or two. And it is. Stock wise. I have a stash of things that I can't wait to offer and show off, but the actual shop - the design and graphics and behind the scenes stuff, is still getting tied up together in a pretty bow. While I could open shop tomorrow, like I'm dying too, I'm going to wait until everything is perfect. Which means just a few more weeks :) Heather from Blessed Little Nest is working on the designs for the shop banner and business cards, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with. I figure if I'm going to do this, I might as well take my time and keep plugging along and making it exactly what I want it to be. And that takes a little patience... which I'm not very good at!

March 1, 2011 004

I might confess that my patience is so bad, that I started a sweater for myself last night at 10:45. Not a good idea. Never start anything after 10pm. Ever. Needless to say, I worked a few rows, realized I made a bunch of mistakes because I was... well... tired!... and took it all apart and am anxious to start again today.

March 1, 2011 003

If we were having coffee today, I'd probably talk your ear off because that's what I've been doing when I see other adults recently. This stay at home mom thing is wonderful, but as we've been sick, and the weather has been bad, we've been home so much that I think I'd talk to the mail man for an hour if he'd stick around.

March 1, 2011 001

And on that note... Thanks for visiting :) I hope your Tuesday is wonderful and bright and full of good conversation and light and cheery...

... until next time!