Family Updates

Laying Down the Law

I need to lay a few things out for you. Set a few things straight around here. I know, you are already getting defensive, but I just started off harshly to catch your attention. Don't be mad. It's actually my fault that people are a little unsure what is going on with this BEST OF THE BEST contest. It has been a huge success, but I never really sat down with all of you and told you how it worked. And some of you, quite frankly, are confused. So here is the deal.

I host a linky party every week. You can link up crafts, revamps, recipes, anything you want. I am not big on bossing my readers around, so there is no limit to the number of links you can add, how old they are, or what they are, as long as the picture is not offensive. I do not make you put my button somewhere, or link back. I have a button, so if you have a spot for it, go ahead. But I am not going to take your link down just because you aren't promoting me. So those are the un-rules of my linky parties. Now for the fun part...

Each week, after the weekly link up closes, I choose somewhere between four and eight entries as finalists for the month. I take many things into consideration. Wow factor, as well as simplicity are considered. Recipes and projects are in the mix every week.

Once a month, all of the weekly finalists are lumped together and you, the readers, get to vote on who the best entry of the month is. Voting goes on for about a week. The winner is showered with prizes, given a one of a kind button, featured on my blog, and has bragging rights to the month they won. See February's prizes here.

So basically each month, just for linking up, you can be the grand prize winner! The Best of the Best! The Champion! And at the end of the year, each monthly winner faces off with the other eleven winners for a grand prize. Does all of this make sense? Have you voted for February's Best of the Best? The voting is open right now! Go vote!

Have you linked up to the first round of March? It's open and waiting! Go link up here! What are you waiting for?

Here are few little facts about this contest...

Simple projects that anyone can do as well as major renovations make the finals every week! Don't be shy!

The winner for January had less than 250 followers, and she was up against HUGE competition! Anyone can win!

There are very few recipes linked up here, but at least one is a finalist weekly. Hint, hint.

Have fun with it! I do!