Family Updates

Weekend Projects & A little Pre- Holiday Prep

The Holidays are going to be in full swing really the week of Thanksgiving. Cocktail Parties- Dinners with Friends- Industry Gatherings- After Work Toasts- School Performances. Before you know it your in "keep up" mode....

I am getting organized for this favorite season of mine in the next two weeks. On my to do list:

1.
Order Holiday Cards- Tiny Prints is doing an early order special and I just want to get them here. If you take a gander at their adorable collection and find something you want use this code: CMM9FEZB8X to receive 20% off your order of $99 or more plus free shipping!
(Your cards not adding up to 100 bucks!? No surprise there- they offer customized cards for as little as .99, so email your friends and turn in ONE order together! )

2.
Order Jacks Birthday Invitations! Super excited over here- booked his birthday party yesterday. I am customizing these via Tiny Prints as well!

3.Address Book Clean Up/ Updates!
I dont want to sit down with the fire going and my pretty cards and then not be able to address them!
So many people have moved to new houses, or there are friends I have reconnected with or see all of the time that I really want to send a card to and dont have their addresses. I KNOW you have the same... friends you met this summer through kids, gym, camp, or reconnected with on facebook, or see all the time, but you just dont have their mailing address even though you have been over for dinner!

Get in touch with these people now and start your list!

I'm old fashioned and love my Monogrammed Smythson Address Book which was a fabulous Christmas Present from my little sister years ago.

4. Finish my major closet overhaul- in the pursuit of perfection- I have been breaking out my former retail experience and "merchandising". "sleeving", and "colorizing" to the hilt. I want to feel when its time to run from a meeting or a lunch, or a workout to a school event, I waste no time hunting to put myself together! So I can enjoy everything without feeling jammed- late-and instead feel amazing.
Filling in tights-socks-accessories- dropping of coats for cleaning-missing buttons- trying everything on!
I took a skirt I have NEVER worn to J Crew last week and the girl made an entire new outfit by adding tights and suggesting a cashmere shirt that I realized I have one just like it in my closet! Go for it- its painful, but so rewarding!

I am heading to New York next week for work and want to leave the house in great nic, and feel organized and put together for this three day wedding planning frenzy.

By the time I get back my cards will be here, and when I decide to build that cozy fire and address my cards in a few weeks, I wont have to hunt for a thing and it will actually be a relaxing experience!

I have much more to think of and do- book flights- plan a party. But for THIS weekend- little steps will for sure make it all enjoyable when its time to actually do just that!... ENJOY.

What's your pre holiday organizing prep?

Have an A-mA-Zing Weekend!