Family Updates

Virtual Coffee XI

It's Tuesday...
Check out Amy's for more info on Virtual Coffee...

Photobucket

If we were really meeting for coffee today...
... I'd invite you to our place.

It's cold, and rainy, and I'd rather sit in my own messy house with my favorite coffee mug instead of a coffee shop. It's rare that I feel that way, but today, indulge me! I'd make us cups of tea or coffee... I have a few new flavors of each and the tea kettle and the Keurig have been getting lots of use these days. There's nothing better on a cold, rainy day than a warm cup of anything...

{I'd also show you my new hand warmers that I finished knitting the other day... }

Nov 9, 2010 001

If we were having coffee together I'd probably tell you how very shortly we're going to have a busy spurt. It seems like activities and opportunities and new things and events tend to cluster together on the calendar. And starting this weekend we have a lot of celebrations and firsts coming up. I'm excited and anxious and a little overwhelmed. I don't do well with the anticipation side of things... the waiting.

Nov 9, 2010 017

And if you were here with me today, it'd be pretty obvious that I've been a little obsessed with knitting... from the clutter on the floor, to the kids who have watched way too much tv, and the knitting supplies on the counter. But I think there are much worse things to be obsessed with than knitting...

Nov 9, 2010 003

We'd probably chat about the upcoming holidays... and how quickly this year is flying by. Just last night Lucas and I were talking about how it was just July! And now we're talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas and WINTER... yikes. I'd tell you how our search for a new place is on the horizon, and I might be getting nervous about finding the right new home for us to rent. But I'm hopeful we'll be able to find someplace a little bigger and with a yard and maybe, possibly, room for a desk for myself. I'd tell you how I want just a little desk, I don't need much room, maybe white... old... vintage looking... with sweet little handles and drawers that stick a little... {I'm a big fan of imperfection these days... }

Nov 9, 2010 008

And by now I'm sure the kids would be crawling all over us, and we'd have been pulled down on the floor to play cars and trains and dinosaurs and blocks. And we'd talk over their laughter and the crashing of cars and the choo choo'ing of trains. We'd have snacks and then I'd help you collect your things, and send you home with some fresh baked bread or a cup of coffee for the road.

Nov 9, 2010 018

And if we were really here for coffee, I'd be thankful for an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, and a smile to cut through the chill of the day.
... Until next time...