Family Updates

Fall Inspired Cupcakes

Spice Cake Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream


Via Martha Stewart

Today is my sister Erin's Birthday!

She is the sweetest, most hard working, honest girl I know.
And lots of fun too!

So in honor of this lovely special day I thought I would share a favorite
Fall Inspired Cupcake that I made last week for my little party I mentioned yesterday.

I found this recipe for Maple Buttercream on Martha Stewart and thought it sounded

ridiculously amazing. Its only three ingredients and so easy to make!

I wanted to make them fast and easy- so I skipped the cake from scratch and paired it with a
Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix.

Incredible!

If you decide to try them- two hints:
1. You MUST use a candy thermometer to ensure the syrup hits 220 degrees or it will separate with the eggs.
2. I could not get mine to the thickness I wanted, so I added confectioners sugar after I followed the steps
until it was nice and thick for spreading.

Perfection!

Happy Birthday Erin!!!

I'm off to New York City this afternoon for a wedding planning frenzy! Super Excited! I already wrote tomorrow's post and its one of my favorites- check back tomorrow for sure!