Family Updates

Virtual Coffee X

Visit Amy for details on Virtual Coffee :)

Photobucket

If we were meeting for coffee this morning...
I'd have a pumpkin latte
And I'd share that I love the new cups at Starbucks {which I go to for convenience, I just have to say... . I'd take a non chain cafe any day... but they don't have a drive thru at the ones around here}
The cups say "I talked to a stranger once for an hour over coffee. We're not strangers any longer."

How perfect for Virtual Coffee :)

Nov 2, 2010 006

Speaking of quotes... my sweet friend Kelly sent me this little tidbit other day:

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss

I absolutely adore that quote, the simplicity of it. Recently my brain cannot handle big words, large thoughts, heaviness. I need simple words to speak simple truths instead of large words creating clutter and noise. Leave it to Dr. Seuss to speak directly to my heart...

And if we were talking over coffee today, I'd share something really special with you... Mindy over at the Wish Studio has created a five week online ecourse called This Moment. The headline in the description reads "you can live the life of your dreams by loving the life you have." Intrigued? I am :) Early bird registration runs through November 5th...

{and I'd quietly share that I'm contributing a little something something to the course... so all the more reason to sign up... }

We'd jump from one conversation topic to another, laugh at the spirals and tangents we head down and back...

And then I'd ask you if you voted today? We did. Lucas headed out first thing this morning, to our normal voting place, only to be sent on a wild goose chase to find where our precinct was to vote. Luckily he found it, and shared the valuable info with me so the kids and I didn't have to chase too many geese.

Fynn and Paige charmed all the volunteers, asked if we could vote again and again... Luckily all the volunteers were grandmothers, so they held a lengthy conversation with Fynn about Thomas and all the other train personalities!

I'd tell you that I love voting, and election day in general. And then I'd tell you that every time I vote I think of my dad, because we almost always vote opposite. It makes me smile to think of him in a voting booth, miles and miles away, voting Republican to each of my Democrat markings. Last year I sent him a card that said something along the lines of "Thanks for teaching me all that I know, for giving me such great values and morals... " and on the inside it opened to say "That's why I vote Democrat".. dad didn't find it nearly as funny as I did... :)

Anyway.

Nov 2, 2010 001

Before we parted ways I'd be sure to tell you that I did, in fact, finish the scarf I started last week. And maybe also a baby hat {and booties might be underway... } for a friend who just had a little one. I'd tell you that while knitting the tiny stitches I felt that ache... probably because my baby boy is going to be FOUR in less than two weeks. I held the hat in my hands and imagined cradling Fynn's little head... and it brought back so many memories of the days when it was just him and me... .

And then I'd sigh, a big deep heavy sigh with tears glimmering and I'd smile and tell you that while I'm so happy that we were able to experience our children's babiehoods, I'm honestly glad that we're done with the baby phase of our lives {at least, that's what I tell myself ;)}

After we both rambled and still didn't get to everything we wanted to tell each other... we'd have to go our separate ways...
Until next week...