Family Updates

Roll away...
Oct 17, 2010 032

Lucas and I had a quite morning today. The kids were at their grandparents, and we reveled in moments of togetherness and smells of coffee and the warmth of flannel sheets and the sounds of Mumford and Sons.

We've been listening to them for months, and every time I hear them it's like coming home.

While Lucas attended to his Google Reader, I lounged in bed a bit longer and was left with my thoughts. When given the opportunity, I'm very good at doing nothing but thinking and daydreaming and pondering...

The song Roll Away Your Stone came over the speakers and for the first time I listened to the lyrics. I'm left blown away, hours and hours later, by the following:

It seems that all my bridges have been burned
But you say 'That's exactly how this grace thing works’
It's not the long walk home that will change this heart
But the welcome I receive with every start

Mmm...

and after reading those lyrics for the tenth time today, I'm left speechless.

And thankful.