Family Updates

Virtual Coffee IX

It's Tuesday...
Click below to visit Amy for some Virtual Coffee...

join me for coffee!

Today, if I could, I'd invite you over for some tea.
Because it's kind of a tea sort of day...
{especially since I drank my weight in cafe mocha's from the Keurig this morning... }

Oct 19, 2010 003

If you're lucky, I might even bring out my secret birthday stash of chocolate covered blueberries...

Oct 19, 2010 001

And while we sipped and indulged, I'd probably tell you that I didn't really feel like blogging today. So I'm very thankful that it's Tuesday... Virtual Coffee always seems a little therapeutic. Thanks Amy :) I'm just in a funk regarding blogging. I know we all go through it... and honestly I'm not a huge fan about blogging about blogging, especially about not wanting to blog {because honestly, if you don't want to blog, I feel like you just shouldn't blog... but it's not that easy, is it? Or maybe it is... } There's a pull. A very strong pull. And a need for validation at times, and what's more than that there's a need to be heard. Maybe even at the very most when we don't feel like blogging.

Anyway...

Oct 19, 2010 005

If we were sitting and chatting, I'd probably share that I've been stock piling crafty ideas {maybe for the winter months??}, and that I've been reading some great books and websites about crafting with kids. Making family time creative time. It's good stuff. Most recently I've been perusing The Creative Family. It's good stuff...

... and by that point I'm sure Paige would have walked by wearing her Halloween costume, because she wears it all. the. time. I just have to say, she's the cutest little busy bee! Fynn picked out a Thomas the Train costume, but says it's too scratchy... so we'll see if he ends up dawning it at any point this month. I'd ask if you or your kids were getting dressed up for Halloween... if there's any excitement in the air at your house surrounding trick-or-treat.

Oct 17, 2010 018

As we finished our cups of tea we'd make our way to the kitchen, and you might notice a new addition to the decor... I couldn't help myself when I saw it. I've been saying the Serenity Prayer more days than not... so the visual reminder is powerful, and welcome.

Oct 19, 2010 010

And then we'd say goodbye, and I'd thank you for listening, and always being here. It's much appreciated... and I mean that :) We'd hug and the kids would run over and say goodbye!! And they'd go through their "I forgot to tell you something!!" list that they always go through when friends and loved ones depart... {and I'd probably do the same... sending texts or emails shortly after you left as I always forget to tell you things..}

... until next week...