Family Updates

Roast Chicken with Lemon and Sage

I Love making a Sunday Roast. I actually wrote a post about it years ago as one of my favorite ways to entertain. I fill Fall and Winter Sundays with a great yoga class followed by a cozy trip to the store and butcher to get something to roast on Sunday afternoons.

For so many reasons, Sunday Roasts are a perfect tradition to incorporate into your home and life. First of all it gives you a weekly timeout to cook and enjoy your kitchen and home without being rushed, and the chance to try a new recipe. Second- weekends should never end until Monday morning. I love using Sundays to entertain friends and have an early casual supper get together. The house smells amazing while they cook and inspires relaxing and just having the house warm and inviting as you prep for the week. They are as perfect for football afternoons as they are for leftovers and soup stock.

A girlfriend of mine recently asked me to show her how I roast a chicken. I have two families that I wanted to make a drop off dinner for this week so I thought I would pull out a new recipe and test it out to share....

I found this Herb Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Sage recipe in this months House Beautiful. Its was super easy and delicious.

The two biggest keys to this recipe are it should marinate for 24 hours! Don't you just hate it when you get all excited and break everything out and then it says...." Then the next day...." Ahhhhhh! So yes- Its more delish if you marinate the Chicken first in the oil, sage, and lemon. I made the emulsion on the right in a jar and let it infuse the oil which the recipe does not mention, but I thought it worked really well.

Its so easy- you could make two and take one to a family that has a lot going on these days... dont we all! But wouldn't we appreciate the gesture every now and then.

Great weekend to start a new Fall Tradition.