Family Updates

Spooky Spider Vase

I decided to make my mantle look as creepy as possible, since the rest of my Halloween decor is kind on the cutesy side. Pier 1 had a great idea for me; I just had to figure out how to get it done for less...way less! Once again, the dollar store came through for me! I found these spiders there, and they were more realistic than any I had seen thus far.

I found some faux spider web at another store and went to work!

I have a stash of glass vases and while trying to locate the perfect one, I remembered that last year a friend gave me a glass container shaped like a pumpkin. Even better! I had some leftover Spanish moss from the fall centerpiece I did, and I just so happen to like my spider vase better than the one in the catalog!

Six Spiders: $3.00
Faux Spider Web: $1.00
Spanish Moss: on hand
Glass Pumpkin: on hand

Total cost: $4.00
Similar home decor in catalog: $29.00