Family Updates

Book Thongs

So you may have heard that bookmarks are out, and the newest fashion for saving your spot is the book thong. They are adorable, trendy, and EXPENSIVE! I have seen them selling for upwards of thirty-five bucks! But I really have been longing for one, so, of course, I made a few at home!
All I needed for this do-it-yourself was some sort of thin, rope-like ribbon or other material, and beads! I chose ribbon because I already had it, and purchased a few glass beads.

Any beads, charms, or buttons will do the trick to get the look you are going for. The key to a good book thong is the length. You can make them shorter for small paperbacks, or longer for a one size fits all. Determine the length and add some error room to it. Tie a nice sized knot to keep the beads from slipping on both ends. After the beads are in place, add knots to secure them in their spot. It IS that simple! Now you have a homemade book thong, and after you have done a few for yourself, keep in mind that they make great gifts!

Ribbon: $0.50
Beads: $1.50

Total Cost: $2.00
Book Thong at Gift Store: $15.00

UPDATE!!!
I just completed another one, and the quality is much better after practice! Here it is...