Family Updates

Soft Faded Denim...

It's hot outside.
So hot that my glasses fog as I step from our air conditioned apartment out onto the porch, to see just how hot it feels.

And it's hot.

We live in New England, and are not fans of such heat. It's not here long enough for our bodies to adequately adjust. My husband melts, my son's face gets red and my daughter just wants to snuggle. Skin on sweaty skin.

My bones disintegrate with the heat, body collapsing in on itself. A lump of sweat and skin and layers of tank tops and light weight capri pants. Because I don't own shorts. I abhor shorts. More than the heat.

I love summer. But I am passionate about fall.

This heat makes me long for a different sun. The one that shines gently down and warms my favorite pair of jeans. Warming soft faded denim, feeling the smooth sunbeams on my skin. Crisp leaves underfoot, the sweet smell of cider and apples and warmth in the air. Cozy.

Not sweltering.

I'm longing for the protection of denim, instead of the sticky film left by popsicles...

July 3, 2010 011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Sunday Creative

I'm linking up with Maegan's The Sunday Creative. This weeks prompt: Denim