Family Updates

Yesterdays Adventure

Yesterday, we found our sunshine. One state up, and not exactly beach side, we found an adventure to be had. Played at the park where I spent many a day over the years; trips to Portsmouth New Hampshire never fail to be the kind of medicine I unknowingly need.

May 20, 2010 012

I'm glad we had yesterday. Because today was another one of those days. It seems like we've had a lot of them recently. So the sunny fun adventure days are being held in high regard.

May 20, 2010 018

{This one's for you Dad! It's the best I could do... I tried to get them both on the anchor and looking at the camera... but you know how it goes!}

May 20, 2010 024

And even though I knew that there would be a little bit of trouble taking my water loving kids somewhere that has numerous fountains... I did it anyway. Because I knew they'd love it. And I said screw you! to the negativity in my head that popped up now and then saying "told you they'd try to dive into the water" and "told you it wouldn't be fun" because yes, they tried to dive in the water, but yes, it was fun.

May 20, 2010 036

My kids love water. What can I say. You should have seen the wet sleeves and glimmering eyes and smiles a mile wide.
{I would have taken a picture, but didn't want to get too far so I was always in grabbing a shirt to not fall overboard mode... }

May 20, 2010 039

Last night Fynn told me he was happy I didn't yell all day.
And so yesterday is enough to make today worth the headaches.
And the possibility of tomorrow is enough to make the concerns that came with today worth it.

May 20, 2010 049

Because today, my little guy had an allergic reaction {although mild} to a peanut butter sandwich. Yeah. You read that right. Even though he passed his peanut challenge, somehow he has a sensitivity {that's what I'm calling it... } to peanuts. It could be that he was tested with a common name brand highly processed peanut butter, and we have the natural just basic peanuts and some salt type, a more concentrated mixture of peanuts. It could have been something other than peanuts... or he could have just gotten a plain old tickle in his throat. In any case, he's okay. A little bit of Benadryl went a long way, and now we have to wait a few weeks to get in to see his allergist and see what they say. What tests need to be done and where we go next with this.

The hardest part isn't thinking about living without peanuts again. It's that we were told not to worry. And we thought we had closed this chapter.

May 20, 2010 062

But off we go. And it's worth it. It really is. The heartache and worry and the rush to the medicine cabinet. Even the moments we don't want to remember from today make it okay, and make me want more.