Family Updates

Realities and Blessings III

Tonight I'm joining Maegan in looking at this weeks Realities and Blessings...

April 30, 2010 002

{Reality} This has been a really long week. The kind of week that leaves me tired of my own voice... leaving me wondering if I need to take my kids in for hearing checks.
{Blessing} The kids had a lot of fun this week. The last two days were beach days, and they ran and enjoyed the fresh air. They ran so far that they couldn't hear my voice... which made me realize that sometimes maybe I use it too much when they're close. It's not a bad thing to be quiet now and then.

April 30, 2010 029

{Reality} The house is a mess. It needs some deep cleaning, but I'm not sure that will make it onto the agenda this weekend, even though my in laws are coming over tomorrow... it's just too nice outside for us to stay inside and clean.
{Blessing} I must really love and be comfortable with my in laws if I'm not going crazy to clean for them :)

April 30, 2010 006

{Reality} Next week I'm taking the kids to my parents for a week. Alone, with no husband to help in the airport or on the plane. I'm starting to freak the freak out.
{Blessing} We're going to be able to spend some wonderful quality time with my parents. The only plan is for us to take a day trip out to see a certain lovely blogging friend, otherwise we're just going to play and enjoy each others company and the {hopefully} sunny warm weather by the pool & beach. It's going to be a challenge without Lucas, and we'll miss him dearly, but I'm looking forward to knowing I can do this by myself {if that makes any kind of bizarre sense... }

April 30, 2010 012

{Reality} While the kids have been into everything this week, they've also been at each other non stop. Constant battles over toys, and wanting space, then wanting to be together... their moods rarely match up.
{Blessing} Their moods matched up for a little bit this afternoon. Enjoying popsicles on the porch while holding hands, then splashing in the tub together. No battles, no harsh tones, just siblings loving each other. Having the tough moments makes the sweet ones so special.

April 30, 2010 014

And that, my friends, is all she wrote. I always have high hopes of making these R&B posts eloquent and beautifully full of metaphors or poetry... but by the time Friday night rolls around, I'm beat.

Don't forget - if you haven't entered already, enter to win a copy of Hand Wash Cold by commenting on yesterdays post :)