Family Updates

Flashback Friday: Snapshots

I have not been with it this week. I didn't even realize it was... Friday... {and Flashback Friday at Jo's at that... } until naptime. Earlier in the week I had high hopes for sorting through my memory back and writing the most eloquent of posts about a treasured memory.

Sorry folks :)

But what I will do tonight is share a few snapshots from our first long {two weeks!} family vacation. It was August of 2007, and my parents rented a cabin in Maine. We all drove up together on a Saturday, and then Lucas went home on Sunday for his first week apart from us. Ever. It was the longest time we'd spent apart since we started dating. The following weekend he came up and was able to spend the rest of the vacation with us. We spent the vacation on the lake, watching Fynn as he tried so very hard to crawl {with no help from the wood floors... } experimenting with camp style baby food, and had some wonderful quality time together. It was peaceful, other than a few cries thanks to a teething baby, beautiful, and as calm as a vacation could be with a nine month old.

These snapshots are courtesy {once again!} of my most talented mother.

014
017-3
033

{and this one just makes me giggle!}

021-4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make sure you hop over to Jo's at Mylestones for more Flashback Friday posts!