Family Updates

Franco- "File" Friday- Julia Child

I was so happy so many of you girls said last week that you love France, have been, speak it, studied it or want to know more! Yay! This makes it more fun for me - clearly.

My biggest passion in life ( hobby wise) is food and as a former Ritz- Carlton Wedding Planner and then a party planner, I had the Joy of working with many many amazing chefs over the years. I learned so much- starting with how to make the 5 mother sauces to decorating cakes. I always wanted to be a chef in many ways- but preferred the planning side more. Our chefs at The Ritz-Carlton taught me so much about food cost, menu pairing, menu design with regional and seasonal foods and using organic quality food to create simple dishes. I also learned very quickly that the cover of Bon Apppetit cannot be replicated for weddings for 300 and not to get any crazy ideas when selling events!

My biggest mentors in the food world are my two former bosses and now 2 of my best friends- Mitch and Annie- I think the world of them both and they both know so so much about food! Annie is from France- and used to help me with my French Vocabulary in the world of Food!

Because of my passion for Food and France, I decided to start with sharing that bit about me and feature one of my all time favorite Anerican goes to France culinary stories Julia Child. Her book My Life in France was written just before she passed away.

She lived an amazing life and did not even go to France until she was 34!

I am presently reading this book and its great. Her cookbooks are fantastic too! Learn more about French Cooking and Julia Childs life in her book My Life in France and a must have for your kitchen Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

Have a great wekend everyone!