Family Updates

Magic in my Mailbox

I was reminded this weekend of something/ someone very special who I forgot about for sometime-

A letter arrived addressed to my son, the first grandchild on my side of the family, on Saturday afternoon from the North Pole- as I read it- memories of my childhood came flooding back- my sister and I writing notes to our elf Blinkie- who sent the list to Santa- he left us notes on out on our bed when we made it- or helped with the dishes saying "Great job!" "I saw what you did!", etc...on Christmas morning- every year- my sister, Erin and I , always slept in my room together- we would wake up to find one "special gift" each from Blinkie- we knew he had been there and got his own chance to reward us personaly- we would open and play with these while mom and dad got ready to go downstairs to begin the madness!

Here in this letter- a tradition of past is reborn and the magic of Chrsitmas returns-

Dear Jack,

You dont know me yet but I have been your Nana's and your mommy's Christmas elf since they were little girls. I am also your Aunt Erin's and your daddy's elf too.

Every year Santa sends me to "peek" into your toy chest to see what is missing, to make sure you are eating your vegetables and fruits, playing nicely with the other children and having fun with mommy and daddy.

Knowing if you are "naughty or nice" helps me tell Santa what a good boy you've been so he can bring you lots of goodies for Christmas. I've already been watching you. You are so sweet and darling, I cant imagine not telling Santa to put you on the "nice boy" list!

Please ask your mommy and daddy to make a Blinkie list for you and send it to the North Pole soon. Also remind them that the first one in with the Blinkie wish list wins an extra present!

I hear you will be all different places this year for Christmas but Santa can handle that. He always knows where you are for Christmas. You are a lucky boy - you get to have several Christmas mornings this year! Santa can leave things everywhere for you!

I am excited to be your Christmas elf I'll be writing little notes and expecting a list every year.

Your CEO ( Christmas Elf Officer) - Blinkie

My Nana did this for my mom and her sister and brother- my mom did this for Erin and I- and now has reminded me of a great joy of childhood- and as I wiped the tear from my eye as I read the letter- I realized with all of the love a parent can have in their heart, YES! THERE IS A SANTA CLAUSE!!!!!

Thanks so much mom for the memories, the letter and helping me create new ones! now its my turn-I love you.