Family Updates

Halloween, House Construction,Maryland, Blogging

Its been a week since I posted- once again- and I struggle because enjoy blogging so much and have so many balls in the air that I sometimes dont post on hectic days because blogging is not fun if it is always an outlet for stress rather than fun - so I find I avoid rather than just do a quick post-

I have concluded that my typical type A style makes me feel like I need to give some sort of great post that is interesting, and full of pictures or do nothing at all- probably not so true right? Especially since my favorite blogs are consistant and I love that- and wake up and look for them with eager anticpation of the story to be told or cool find or fun quote, purchase, whatever of the day and never assume that someone might just look for me? In fact I dont even care really what they are saying anymore specifically because i just like them and want to know what they are up to-

My new conclusion is that I need to make sure I take 5 just to write an entry and not worry about pics not loaded or having something exciting daily- I mean if that was what I could pull off I would write for one of Martha's 10 mags right? ( all of which are in my unread pile of magazine addiction madness-

So - heres the updates since I dropped of the face of the web last week-

Halloween was fun- but had a major live and learn to it as well- I meant for an easy- self serve evening and people showed up late-( and hour and a half into a 2 hour party) not at all- and some were bringing part of the meal- I know it tough with kids people- but c'mon already. I stayed here at the house waiting for them so the house would not be empty and missed my little dragon go to see the neighbors- then waited on people who seemed to not all get the self serve idea-

When everyone left I had the equivalent of 10 highchairs of food on my floor-

Lesson learned- no more Halloween parties- or holiday parties in general that involve pot luck and kids/ or my expectations of quality time with my child- Luckily this happened before it was something that let down Jack and only I was crying later in the night-

I did enjoy seeing friends and my street all decked out-
Jack was so cute and we did get pics and a party at the gym earlier that day-
IN the GRAND scheme of like this is not even allowed to appear on a complaint or disappointment list with all sad and wrong
in the world and I realized this-

I think we all can relate to at least one event though that we wanted to control and it controlled us at some point-?

In other news- my constuction has now become daily drywall- should I start that as a spin off of Hemstitch and Hydrangea? The Daily Drywall, and Workbenches and Workmen, and Tile and Textiles, and Painters and Plumbers, Nails and Nuts, Hammers and Hardhats?

It is too much for little Jack and I to live through the cleaning and lack of kitchen we are Fleeing to Marylands Shore for the last remnants of Fall, Thanksgiving Menu Planning and my sisters birthday dinner!-

I will post a few from there and for sure check in with ALL of you -

Once I have an office and kitchen back and dont eat and type from my LAP TOP - LITERALLY- you will have your friend Hemstitch back daily- cant wait for the holidays and to visit you all this week-

On my way home for R&R, and Crabcakes and Cider, Naps and Nesting, Baths and Baking, Wine and Whining, Snuggling and Shopping- ok- just trying to make fun and get excited at the same time-

Soon-

H&H