Family Updates

Letter Writing Follow UP from Today-

Hi everyone! It is late in the day to write you all back at the bottom of todays post and hope you find it- so I wanted to respond to each of you and tell you how much I appreciated you kind comments- I adored all of them and they made me very happy today.

I was so happy so many of you seemed touched or wanted to do this yourself- which is really my daily goal for this blog-and what so many pf your blogs do for me-- so I am thinking lets all try it and add on your blogs or here when you have a tip or and idea- or cute card line or way to organize it or whatever- to keep each other motivated.

My current plan since some of you asked is this- I have typed out this list in columns- name- phone-address- birthday- kids- birthday - misc notes- I have left blanks too- so I can just write them in. I do am not a fan of web birthday thing- not sure why- just not me- so I am emailing to ask them in a bulk email that I am updating all files and getting ready for holiday cards and would like addresses/ birthdays and updates---- then as people reply, click and drag those emails into a folder on your desktop so you dont loose them in the InBox mess. Once you have noticed responses have stopped coming in- spend and evening infront of a show and type them in the list- email again those you did not hear from- or call these people and say hello.

Start a little basket with the printed list, your address book, stamps, a few pens, and then just keep buying cute cards as you see them and tossing them in- keep it in the room you watch your favortie shows- for me thats the kitchen- and then when you are ready, everything is there- you can also take the basket out to the porch or garden, deck, bedroom, work on it with kids while they do their homework- and then crank em out-

I wanted to write each of you back in response because I loved what so many of you said....
So here goes in order-

Tres Poshe Preppy- You are a total running around in a tutu kinda gal- I was too! Never took it off and did a great Know When to Hold Em routine by Kenny Rogers in mine in my parents living room circa 1979. I do love stationary too and treat myself to it and then I dont use it as much as I should.

Atlanta Social- Thank so much for sharing your lovely story. It sounds like your father was very special and clearly admired and thoughtful- that was so great of you to share and an example of exaclty what I was trying to convey-

Libby- my mom always says the same exact thing... "letter writing IS a lost art".

Meg- Thanks for the cheers and tag! Will work on that this week.

SP- YOU know the song TOO!!! So nice to get together with those girlfriends- since you just all spoke about this why not send everyone a card to get the comittment you all just made going with a group pic form the weekend. you really need to start a blog! Big families are such a blessing, but I know what you mean friends and a clan is alot of love- and correspondance.

Southern Sugar- thanks so much for stopping by and I like your blog too! I am sure you are known for being the thoughtful girl you are- I just think your friends are in the same spot I am and I know you deserve it back!

Happy Homemaker- Another Brownie and yes the song is in my head often - will Mary Fowler be a Brownie one day? Is it still popular? I am so out of the loop on the things kids get involved in- I am sure I will know v. soon- I will let you know how I progress-
Hello Sunshine! Take it and run with it! thats what these ideas are for! and let me know how you do as well.

5 Bickies- thanks for stopping by- and I checked out your blog too and look forward to reading more-