Family Updates

My Honeymoon Album-

Last week I wrote a post about the day before my wedding and rehearsal dinner for my wedding anniversary. I had planned to follow it with a post wedding on my and then honeymoon, etc.... and then did not post at all. I would love to tell you that I did not post either because my husband surprised me and took me on a whirlwind weekend to Monte Carlo but no.... I did not do it sadly because I realized that I dont have ay wedding pics on my computer- I thought I did - so I have the photographer sending me a new disk as my backup is still in a box somewhere in the basement from the move- and I will post those when they arrive.

I think now that I started the blog about the whole anniversary thing.. I want to finish it-so today I will skip to the honeymoon. I love going through all of the pics and video again annually and thought it would be fun to share here goes.

So the Monday after our Saturday wedding, we took off for Tortola in the BVI- there we were met by a boat that took us to our first stop- Little Dix Bay- on the Island of Virgin Gorda- famous for the dive and snorkel site The Baths.

The view from our little hut style room-

Infinity Pool

After a few days at resting, recapping and sunning and playing tennis at Little Dix Bay we left on The Sunset Raider- a sailboat that we chartered for the next week. We left from the dock at the resort and sailed off to explore the islands of the BVI. We had a cook and a captain- Sascha and Paolo- a couple-now back in South Africa- they are amazing sailors and divers- we became fast friends and had the best time together.

Everyday we woke up and went for a swim, then usually played Scrabble while we waited for breakfast- we would read, swim some more and then set off to the days destination. Stop for lunch, explore, snorkel, canoe-shop- depending on where we stopped- then we would set off again and cocktails and dinner somehow lasted the rest of the day. Some nights we went out off of the boat and others we stayed on.

My husband caught a huge fish !

Showing off the new ring

Out to dinner for our one week anniversary

World Famous Foxy's on Jost Van Dyke- one of the top boater NYE destinations in the world- leave your t- shirt on the ceiling..

2 other great stops not pictured- Willy T a replica of an old mail ship that wrecked, the rep is restaurant and bar boat access only-where you dive off of the top all night long- and is guaranteed fun. Second great place- Soggy Dollar Bar- must swim to it from your boat- thus, the soggy dollars... buy a drink for friends you know will come soon, they will write their name and the credit for drinks on the board- ahhh the life of a full time sailor.

After a week on the Sunset Raider, we were dropped off at Peter Island Resort- we had a really fun last day with Sascha and Paolo. Cocktail hour started after breakfast and we swam and hung out all day and then motored around to the resort side of the island where we said good-bye.

Peter Island was fun and a more social resort- there were actually lots of couples on honeymoons there- it was nice to have a pool, beach ad several restaurant options. I loved the decor there and it was the inspiration for our family room.

One last drink at PI before we go off to the airport.......Cheers!