Family Updates

4 years ago today…

I woke up after after an festive evening bar-b-que welcoming family amd friends to Washington DC and my wedding weekend.

I looked over at my packed suitcases- ready for the honeymoon and my clean house also ready for my return.
One of my bridesmaids came to pick me up and we headed into Old Town Alexanndria to pick up my wedding dress! The weather man said "this is going to be the most beautiful weekend of the Summer" and I remember thinking for me it is going to be the most amazing weekend of my life.

We went to the Hotel where the reception was taking place and checked into the most gorgeous suite- flowers and champagne were waiting from a good friend and we stood on the balcony and had a toast and some laughs as we prepared the room for the weekend, unpacking and making everything look pretty.

Then we went to the bridemaids luncheon which I wish I had photographs of on my computer to share because it was stunning.

My wedding was..... all blue hydrangea and hemstich linen overlays on blue damask linens. Thus, the name of my blog....

Everything I sent from stationary and hand calligraphy was done in this gorgeous French Blue...with crisp white. I wanted it to be stunning and elegant as well clean and fresh. All of the signs leading to the day really did set the tone for the event.

So I decided to deter from the "style" of the wedding day enitrely when planning my rehearsal dinner. My Mother in Law hosted it but she lives in London and requested I do the planning....

One of our favorite restaurants in DC is Mie N Yu. It is 2 blocks from teh church we were married in and we were able to walk there after the rehearsal. Mie N Yu is a Moroccon themed restaurant with a great locally known chef and the food is very exotic and different than typical wedding fare and that is something I always strive for in planning multiple event weekends.

I went completely opposite with a palette of reds and golds very hot and exciting rather than formal or wedding "ish".

Here are a few photos below of what was a contemporary chic evening of great friends anf family. It was so fun to play with design elements from rental compaies that I would never get to use with weddings. Note the chairs, hanging glass bottles and silver apples- ( I spray painted myself in my garage the day before- they held the placecards and looked great- try it).

Cheers!