Family Updates

IS it really over?

Hi everyone!

I feel so drained from the past weeks festivites- they have gone on and on and on! I am so out of the loop on anything not in my immediate plan I feel like I have been away! But alas- I have not been anywhere. I did have parents, and great friends pass through town over the past week and have a bit of the post party blues.

So anyway- I did lots of fun things- bocce ball at a friends cookout and at Oz Park! Walked to zoo, Jack started saying dada!,met a couple who moved here a year ago from DC, started planning 2 new weddings as well! I also made a few great recipes from the 2 Lilly cookbooks- oven fried chicken, crispy potato salad, and deviled eggs w/ Old Bay ( my recipe), and made cupcakes with the frosting recipe from the Elisa Strauss, Confetti Cakes cookbook I mentioned last week. I made pink frosting and did half white / half pink. The white had blueberries ad red sprinkles, and the pink had little chopped strawberries! Tres Poshe Preppy inspired me with her Martha cupcakes for the 4th last week! and the oven was turned on for the 3rd time since Jack was born! Thanks to all!

I will be back tomorrow with something of substance- in the meantime- hope you all had a great 4th and thanks for stopping by the blog-

I am planning to start featuring planning details, tips, styling ideas, etc as I do these new weddings and events- so hope you all look forward to that as well- I am excited to get the brain going again on really cool events.... stay tuned.

Anne