Family Updates

A Great Baby Shower Weekend!

I moved to Chicago about a year and a half ago now- it has gone by so fast-I still feel like I just moved here. Everyone here is so friendly and this city is a gem and I love it- but home is home and your best friends are like your family and I had none of that when I first moved here. I was also pregnant and just really wanted to move back.

One day in January, I got a call from one of my good friends from DC, she said she had a good friend moving here-that she worked with at Ritz-Carlton. (I used to work for RC before becoming an event planner, and loved it). So anyway, I called her and she happened to live 7 blocks from me! We met for brunch and laughed for hours, talked about home and people we kew in common. Finally I had a person here that I truly clicked with and somehow knew from that day forward we would be great friends.

She is having a little boy in August and this past weekend I hosted a little shower for her at Ethels Chocolate Louge. It is such a cute place and was so much fun! IF you live here in Chicago, I know you know all about it because it is pinch me cute and they have several locations. If you live out east, or wherever- I have never seen anything like it before at home and think this is a great business idea.

There were only 6 of us, and they treated us so well. We had a little private room that can accomodate up to 10 people. It reminded me of a relaxation room at a spa but with brighter colors- pink and brown stripe painted walls made this small space cute and "special". Funky armchairs in plush velvets with various patterns all with shades of pinks gave it a living room feel. We had a package that included your choice of any coffee or tea drink, 3 chocolates per person, and fondue for only 18$ per person! They allow you to bring your own champagne and even provide the flutes. We had a "bellini bar" with raspberry nectar and berries and had sparkling mineral water for non- alcoholic "bellinis" so that even our mom to be could have a little toast.

I picked up soaps when I was back in St Michaels as favors- from The Lavender Moon soap company. I did the Summertime fragrance- but there is one called Baby- ( they were out of it), but it would have been perfect favor for a baby shower so thought I would mention it incase you ever need an idea for a cute baby shower favor.

Well thats all for me- have a great friend from DC in town ad we are going to the petting zoo today with her 2 boys Davis and Taylor and my little Jack of course. We are having a little picnic by the Swan Pond- Love Chicago- so glad I stuck it out- a year and a half later am proud to call it home.

Have a great week everyone!

Anne