Family Updates

Pencils and Papers and Books, OH MY!

Many of you probably know that I am a college student. This fall, I will be a college student and a new mom, among other things. I am always looking for ways to cut back and save money on necessary expenses. One of my biggest expenses is books for school. What makes it painstaking sometimes is spending a hundred or more dollars on a required book just to find out that it hardly gets used. I am here to tell you a secret that I discovered last semester that saves a ton of money!

When you go to the bookstore and buy a book, only to sell it back, don't you feel like you are just paying them a steep fee just to borrow it for a few months? There is an amazing company out there called Campus Book Rentals that allows you to rent the books you need for a fee that is way more affordable than buying and selling back. When you're done with the books, you just print off a pre-paid shipping label and send them back or pay the difference of the rental fee and the purchase fee to keep it! To see an example of the price difference, click here.

I can personally say that I used this company in the spring and I spent less than half of what I would have spent buying and selling even used books. Plus, they came right to my front door! Shipping was free both ways, you can highlight in the books just as you normally would, and you can set the rental period according to your needs. AMAZING, I tell you! Because I know many of you are in school or have contemplated going back, I felt that I needed to share this money saving tip.

Have any of you rented your textbooks or is this your first time hearing about this?