Family Updates

The Maine I Know

Years ago, I dated a guy who lived in Maine.

And I told him I would never live there. Ever. Not even consider it. Nope. Never.

I knew his Maine. The going muddin' {if you have to ask, don't... }, drinking cheap beer, stay inland... thick accent and truck up on cinder blocks in the front yard kind of Maine.
{I wish that ex boyfriend nothing but the best, don't get me wrong... }

It's been years since I've known that Maine.

The Maine I know, is one that I would move to in a heart beat.

The roses looking over the harbor Maine.
The date nights and holding hands as the sun sets Maine.

July 5, 2011 002

The watch God at work in the sky Maine.

July 5, 2011 019

The lobsters at every turn Maine.
{my favorite type of lobster... chocolate!}

July 5, 2011 014

The laugh and try not to cut off someones head in self portraits Maine...

Picnik collage

The beautiful, picturesque, peaceful summer evening Maine

July 5, 2011 040
July 5, 2011 044
July 5, 2011 045

The Maine that harbors smiles and thoughtful gazes...

July 5, 2011 072
July 5, 2011 046

The beach races and breathless smiles and laughter from father and son kind of Maine...

July 5, 2011 107

... and grumpy little overtired hysterical girl Maine...
{Paige, appalled that I thought her drawing was of a heart, when it was... infact... a boat... }

July 5, 2011 109

The sunburned, and at times blurry with joy and excitement and fullness...

That's the Maine I know. The one I love. The one where we will go back to, year after year.

That's the Maine I will forever celebrate.

July 5, 2011 116