Family Updates

Best Burger Recipe Ever

I am a lucky girl. Yep. My deep freezer never goes without. My husband's parents (Hi Jamie) raise livestock and at any given time I have an almost endless supply of every cut of beef you can think of. I could go on like Bubba and his shrimp... ground beef, chuck roast, tenderloin, short ribs, ribeye, you get the point right. Here is a picture of my JUST the bottom drawer of my deep freezer taken today.

Another great thing about this is that the beef is very lean. I can brown some ground beef and there will be almost no fat to drain off! There is one catch, however. This makes for a somewhat dry hamburger. I have been trying out all kinds of tricks and recipes to make these burgers better, and I have finally found the perfect blend of tricks and additions. So if you buy lean ground beef or if you want to make your normal burger even better, try this recipe out. You will love it!

In a large bowl, mix two pounds of of lean ground beef with the following items:
1 package dry onion soup mix (1 ounce)
1 lightly beaten egg
2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon A1 sauce
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon each of garlic powder and black pepper

This should make six nicely sized patties. I use a tool made for making the perfect sized patties, but if you don't have one, press your thumb into the center of the patty just before grilling to keep them from becoming too thick in the middle. After patties are formed, place a pat of butter into the center of each one.

Seal the burger back around the butter, and put those babies one the grill! Trust me, the butter trick is KEY!

You will love the taste and the juiciness of these burgers! Of course, I top mine off with cheese, but now it's time to personalize it however you like! These would be great for the upcoming Independence Day weekend!

Tell me what toppings you love on your burger!