Family Updates

Not bad

We were out the door by 9 this morning... swim suits on, beach toys packed, snacks in hand...

All of a sudden it's summer weather. And we don't know what to do with ourselves. This house... this house is hot. But the breeze off the river is heavenly, and the permashine of sweat gives me just enough of a glow to make me feel beautiful and womanly and alive. It's not bad.

shot_1306505271903

I was reminded today that there is nothing better in the world than snuggling a wet baby full of ocean... kissing salty lips and cheeks, breathing in mermaid and breathing out calm. It's not bad.

shot_1306507535681

And then we came home and had a giggly lunch where we talked about what we'd need to go to mars. A space suit {a pink one for Paige}, space boots, and of course a space ship. And chocolate {according to Fynn}

shot_1306526353976

Laundry was hung outside - the first time ever. The slow drying speaks to my heart. Laundry blowing in the wind... something that I've always pictured in my life.

Again, it's not bad.

shot_1306526388821

Yesterday marked 16 months of sobriety for me. Lucas sent me a text message, remembering. I told a friend and she said "wow that's a long time!" It is. And I feel good. Still feel punched in the gut when people talk about getting together for wine... how you can't have a good time without wine... wine wine wine... .

But I can have a good time without wine. My life is fuller than it has ever been. Slow beach and laundry days included.

It's not bad at all.