Family Updates

held by knits

A while ago I mentioned a project I was starting... a big'ish one...

It's done.

And I'm holding it hostage until I can show my mama this weekend {my parents are coming for a week, they'll be here in a few hours... yay!!}

May 28, 2011 002

The pattern, Emma Shrug, was designed by Carrie Bostick Hoge. I used Quince and Co.'s Sparrow Yarn, 100% organic linen.

May 28, 2011 012

It turned out... beautifully. I cannot wait to ship it off to it's new home... but I can also tell you that this is the first time I'm not running to the post office because I'm not ready to say goodbye to this labor of love.

May 28, 2011 009

My heart goes into each piece I make, and that's partly why I think they're all beautiful in their own right. It's hard not to think of the person you're creating for with fondness, and in this case absolute love and adoration, so that gets woven into the piece with each stitch. The recipient once sent me a necklace and told me that she hoped I felt held when I wear it. I do.

I hope she feels held when she wears this.

Thank you for the opportunity to work on this for you, Hyacynth. It was a true pleasure... xoxo

May 28, 2011 007

{photos taken by my husband :) }