Family Updates

How to Make Cute Leash Hangers

Every time the dogs go for a walk, or we take them for a ride, we toss their leashes in a different spot. And then we can't find them. I decided to make something to hang the leashes from that would be fun and functional at the same time.

The dogs are named Allie and Jackson, so...

This project is an easy one, and you can customize it and make it your own! Any wooden or cardboard pre-cut letters will work, I chose these big chip board ones because they were on sale! I also happen to have a collection of scrapbook paper that is pet themed, so I cut them to the shape of the letters.

I then adhered the pattern to the front of the letter using Mod Podge! To hang them from a wall, simple picture hangers will work, but make sure the nails are small enough not to pierce through to the front. This is your next step.

A simple hook can be screwed into the bottom of the letters. I needed a total of three, so I spread them out. I also chose to use rubber covered hooks because they came in a good color!

One here,

and two here! Perfect!

I must share a picture of the furry family members that I made these for. This was taken last weekend, when it was nice and sunny!

So, I hung them on the wall next to the sliding glass door that leads to the backyard. Like I said before, fun and functional!

Chip board letters: 80 cents each
Hooks and picture hangers: $1.50
Scrapbook paper and Mod Podge: on hand

Total cost: about $3.00
Leash racks online: $15.00 each