Family Updates

Slices of heaven
April 11, 2011 106

I had a chance to check out a local antique store this weekend. I've never really gotten into antiquing and thrift store shopping... but I think I'm hooked. I found all sorts of treasures - jars of vintage buttons, an old tea kettle, a funky chair for my desk, and some gorgeous embroidered cloth napkins.

The whole experience was peaceful and exciting at the same time. Wandering through rooms full of gently used items, waiting to start a new life. I ran my hands over spools of thread, dusty shelves full of sheet music and decade old toys.

It was a little slice of heaven.

April 11, 2011 104

Today started off cloudy... with a visit to a walk in clinic for an ear ache {surprisingly... mine... } and some whining {also mine... } but after naptimes the clouds parted and the sun was bright and the windows begged to be opened. And in came the warmth. We dawned shorts and capri pants and met friends at the playground... stayed until dinner time and came home to make an easy supper of egg salad. After dinner the kids played on the deck with Lucas, in the background the Red Sox played on the radio. The windows are still open, letting in the breeze... hints of what's to come this summer.

A little slice of heaven.

April 11, 2011 100