Family Updates

Baby Boy Necktie Bib Tutorial

I recently found out that a good friend of mine is having a boy, so I immediately started tossing ideas around in my head! Last year, I bought a package of bibs for a friend and only used a few, so I had some leftover. I knew I had to use some of my fun fabrics combined with bibs! I decided to make the bib look like a tie!

This is a very easy and quick project. All you need is a plain bib and a scrap of fabric. I chose this swatch of upholstery fabric because it resembled denim.

Draw the tie to your desired size and shape, cut it out, trace it onto the fabric, and cut your fabric tie out.

Pin the tie to the bib so that it doesn't slip or become crooked while you are sewing. Then simply sew the tie onto the bib, getting as close to the edges as you can.

Imagine all of the possibilities of color combinations! I am definitely going to make more! Plus, if you buy the bibs in a package, you get can them for next to nothing!

Bib: $1.00
Fabric: on hand

Total cost: $1.00
Necktie bib found online: $10.00