Family Updates

ART though ready for something affordable?

Throwback post! This is one of my favorite projects from last summer that many of you have probably never seen.

I have one room that has yet to be given a "look." It has no identity, and when I ran across some paper from a collection titled "Paris" today, I knew at that very moment what was in store for this room. Black and cream look so good together, and since everything else in my home revolves around brown, I thought it would be fun to do something different. Here is the first project geared toward new exciting room! I picked up some blank canvases at a craft store, at a 40 percent discount.

You should be able to get these for a few bucks each. Next, I picked out four coordinating papers. Mine were specialty papers, so they were pretty thick and some had texture. Using Mod Podge or spray adhesive, wrap each canvas with a different paper. The hard part is getting the edges right, and this may require you to put your scissors to work. make sure all sides are completely covered. The back will not show so it can look hideous with no ill effects.

After all four (or six or whatever number you choose) are covered and dry, add a hanging mechanism on the back, and space them evenly apart so that they look like they belong together. And there you have it! New, affordable wall art! It should set you back less than ten bucks but look like a million!

Canvases: $8.00
Papers: $0.50 (buy them in bulk!)

Total Cost: $8.50
Similar art at local gift shop: $60.00