Family Updates

Ramblings and an important post to read

I'm sitting in our new home... alone.

I'm in bed, where I've barely moved from for the last nearly 24 hours.

The flu... the awful flu caught up with me. And here I sit... between here and the.. um.. bathroom. Lovely.

My mom {thank GOD for my mom... } is at our old place cleaning.

Lucas is at the pediatrician's office with the kids... Fynn is still sick. It's been since Monday. Paige seems fine, but Fynn was up with me all last night.

You know it must be bad when there are boxes that have yet to be unpacked, pictures to hang, and not only am I not doing it.. I'm hearing other people unpack and settle in for me. I have this bit of ocd nature with unpacking... I like to do it fast and myself...

But I'm not even an ounce bothered.

Just trying to fend of the shame triggers of not feeling like I'm enough, that I'm not doing enough, that I can't push through this and make everything work...

I'm about to start a Netflix via laptop marathon and put my head down {yay wireless!} but I popped on Facebook a bit ago and saw something that will keep tugging at me if I don't share it. My dear friend Maegan, who write's at Madeline Bea: Life Set to Words, posted today On A Very Serious Note. Please head over and read it. It's about stealing. Art, intellectual property, and not living in fear.

{and I don't think it's the flu that is making me think it's a brilliant post... she's just THAT good :)}

Back to my pillows... where the sun streams through my bedroom windows, the icicles are melting, and the quiet is better than any doctor's orders...