Family Updates

February treat...

Yesterday the kids and I had an incredible treat for February.

We hit the beach.

Without hats, without mittens, without a chill.

It was warm, and the sun broke through, and we rejoiced by getting into the car and driving a little ways north only to realize that the beach of my childhood is now closer to us than I knew.

And so I shared the beach where I grew up with my children.

I think it speaks great lengths to where my heart is these days given that I have wanted to title several posts recently "home". It amazes me how content I've been recently. There's this feeling that washes over me daily, that I'm right where I'm supposed to be. Whether it's at the grocery store, or laying in bed cuddling with the kids in the morning, or at the beach yesterday. I feel at home. In my heart. In my joy.

{this sounds so incredibly cheesy... but people... it's a relatively new feeling for me, so I'm basking in it. I'm shouting it out and letting it flood me and make me teary and joyful even in the frustrations that occur daily... inevitably}

Anyway.

I'm sitting here a little teary looking through pictures of yesterday. My heart... oh my heart is full. Not only was it the beach trip I've wanted for so long, but it was the blast from the past visit to a home of yesteryear that I didn't know I needed. And it was heaven.

Feb 18, 2011 018
Feb 18, 2011 027
Feb 18, 2011 036
Feb 18, 2011 041
Feb 18, 2011 037
Feb 18, 2011 049
Feb 18, 2011 067
Feb 18, 2011 082
Feb 18, 2011 016