Family Updates

Inexplicable

I wake up to a boy and a girl smiling saying "It's a brand new day!! Wake up Mommy!"

Jan 29, 2011 012

I make lists and I pack. I sip coffee. I go on errands with a little girl, we eat a cupcake and I sip tea. We drop a trunk load of things at the Salvation Army. I smile and comment on the sunny spot the receiving crew has for the day. They smile and say it's the best thing they've got going for them today.

Jan 29, 2011 016

I grocery shop. Check items off my list. I drive. I unstrap a carseat, let the girl fly inside to bring news of potato chips and cupcakes.

I pack and sort and pack some more. Garbage bags and boxes.

Jan 29, 2011 026

The sun calls, and the snow beckons. Husband and babies outside. I pick up my camera and follow. There's laughter and snowballs. And there's this overwhelming feeling of this is exactly what we're supposed to be doing. And I feel a warmth and a surge of trust and I smile at the blue sky and sunshine. And I know, even if I don't know how, that God is good.

Jan 29, 2011 018