Family Updates

Feel Good, be good, and do good

I didn't want to get out of bed today.

Not because I woke up on the wrong side, or was facing a terribly busy schedule... but because it was just so warm in bed. I love my flannel sheets... and I love it when the kids get up and Lucas gets up and I'm left by myself and I can wrap blankets and sheets around me and close my eyes and just... be.

Jan 19, 2011 001

This morning Fynn came in while I was enjoying my quiet time, and climbed under the covers. He snuggled in close and didn't say a word. I smiled and kept my eyes closed. And then he patted me on the head, and rubbed my cheek with his hand, the way I do to him when he's having trouble sleeping.

The sweetest thing in the world.

Jan 19, 2011 002

Paige is starting to do similar things as well. They pick up on the tender gestures and it warms my heart to know that they want to give me the same comfort I give them.

They are full of such goodness.

Jan 19, 2011 003

I'm focusing on the goodness today. The warm tea, pretty yarns that are calling to be made into something, the hints of my train lover and budding writer at ever turn. We're hanging out at home, waiting for maintenance to come by to do our preliminary exit inspection. I'm trying to keep the place relatively picked up {amid boxes ceiling high... } and at the same time trying to give the kids the space they need to play and create and get some energy out. All the while not going too far because we're all in dire need of snuggles and just being close. The push pull of motherhood.

Jan 19, 2011 004

I guess I never expected to feel such comfort from my kids. And I don't expect them to comfort me, but when it happens, it's such a gift. The familiarity of two little ones that can change my attitude {for better or worse... } and remind me that love surrounds and strengthens over time.

Sweet goodness.

Jan 19, 2011 005

****My friend Ellie is talking about support and voices and community today. She's talking about lending your voice to help others. To support the community of those struggling with addiction. I personally am so thankful for Ellie's creation, Crying Out Now. It's a place of hope and celebration, a place of understanding. I'm thrilled to now be a regular contributor, and urge you to lend your voice.

From Ellie's post today:

"You can lend your voice to the cause, too. Please help us spread the word about Crying Out Now. Even if you don't struggle with addiction - either directly or indirectly - your voice can help us break down the stigma that keeps so many, many people stuck, sick and alone."
It's good stuff...